- Full Time 40 hours/week M-F 8a-4:30p
- Completes daily installation service order requests and trouble reports at the customer premise. Tasks include installing data and telephone wiring and installing equipment for internet, phone, and digital TV sercices.
- Prepares, splices, and tests fiber optic and coax cable
- Completes daily cable locate requests
- Works directly with customers to ensure services are working as expected
- Work cooperatively with SMTC employees to achieve company goals
- Completes all work assignments with a focus on safety
- Perform all other duties assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of Taqua, Zhone, Arista, Minerva, Avaya, and Plume are a plus
- Knowledge of relevant telecommunications/VOIP/IT software and hardware
- Knowledge of broadband systems and networks
- Knowledge of telecommunications equipment, networks, and processes
- Knowledge in fiber splicing
- Knowledge in reading and interpreting technical documents and forms including cable maps, schematics, purchase orders, invoices, expense reports, time reports, material requisition forms, work orders, trouble tickets, and service orders
- Knowledge of telecom products and services
- Skilled in problem solving and resolution
- Skilled in reading and interpreting technical documents and information
- Skilled in oral and written communication
- Ability to communicate with customers, employees, vendors, and visitors in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
Education and Experience
- High School/GED
- Five Years of related experience/training
- Post-Secondary Education preferred (2 or 4-year Degree in IT, Networking, Telecommunications)
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This job operates in a field environment. This role routinely requires extended periods of bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, lifting in awkward positions, standing, and twisting. Also, this role works in inclement weather conditions, such as extreme heat, extreme cold, rain, ice, snow, and wind. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This position is physically active, with lifting required. Must be able to bend and lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
Must be available 24/7 to support customers and emergency situations as needed. Position does require standby/on call rotation.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit a resume and salary expectations to General Manager Steve Frey, email@example.com
*Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. The Company reserves the right to revise or change the job duties as the need arises. Management reserves the right to change the description, duties or work schedules to accommodate individuals with disabilities.