- Stratford Mutual Telephone Company is an Independent Telephone Company located in Stratford, IA with operations in Stratford, Jewell, Gilbert, Story City, and Roland. We are providing cutting edge technology to rural Iowa and this is a great opportunity for a proven technician to take their career to the next level. At SMTC, you’ll be joining a family where we are dedicated to supporting each other and building an atmosphere of teamwork. We have been proudly connecting the communities we serve since 1903.
- Competitive Total Compensation Package
- Company Sponsored Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance after 30 Days
- 5% Company Contribution to 401K after 30 Days
- Free Services (Internet, TV, Voice) within our service areas
- Company Paid Cell Phone
- Network Operations Manager – Full Time 40 Hours/Week
- Manages all aspects of network operations. Responsible for planning, implementing, and providing administration of the company’s broadband, voice, and video systems. Oversee service, maintenance, and upgrades to network infrastructure. Work with all ISP and OSP operations including construction, installation, maintenance, and repair of equipment and facilities. Supervises daily activities of the department. Researches and develops strategies for delivering quality service and support to our customers. Implements department policies and procedures, business plans, and budgets. Monitors and analyzes network and plant operations. Makes recommendations for expansions and improvements to processes, facilities, and equipment. Works with vendors to implement, configure, provision, and troubleshoot applicable equipment and/or systems.
Essential Job Functions
- Planning, implementing, and providing administration of the company’s broadband, voice, and video systems
- Oversee service, maintenance, and upgrades to network infrastructure
- Schedule and assign work, checking quality of work, handling network issues, and monitoring workflow to ensure timely completion of network activities
- Provides internal support and training on related areas of responsibility
- Research and develop strategies for delivering quality broadband, voice, and video services to customers
- Maintains accurate and complete documentation of equipment, systems, and related facilities
- Work with vendors to develop relationships
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of Taqua, Zhone, Arista, Minerva, Avaya, and Plume are a plus
- Knowledge of relevant telecommunications/VOIP/IT software and hardware
- Knowledge of broadband systems and networks
- Knowledge of telecommunications equipment, networks, and processes
- Knowledge in fiber splicing
- Knowledge in reading and interpreting technical documents and forms including cable maps, schematics, purchase orders, invoices, expense reports, time reports, material requisition forms, work orders, trouble tickets, and service orders
- Knowledge of management principles and practices
- Knowledge of telecom products and services
- Skilled in problem solving and resolution
- Skilled in reading and interpreting technical documents and information
- Skilled in oral and written communication
- Ability to communicate with customers, employees, vendors, and visitors in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to make sound decisions using the information at hand
- Ability to create a team environment and sustain employee morale
Education and Experience
- High School/GED
- Five Years of related experience/training
- Post-Secondary Education preferred (2 or 4-year Degree in IT, Networking, Telecommunications)
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This job operates in a field environment. This role routinely requires extended periods of bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, lifting in awkward positions, standing, and twisting. Also, this role works in inclement weather conditions, such as extreme heat, extreme cold, rain, ice, snow, and wind. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This position is physically active, with lifting required. Must be able to bend and lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
Must be available 24/7 to support customers and emergency situations as needed. Position does require standby/on call rotation.
Don’t miss this great opportunity!
To apply, download our application and return it with your resume via email or mail it to: SMTC, PO Box 438, Stratford, IA 50249.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Stratford Mutual Telephone Company is an equal employment opportunity employer. The company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Stratford Mutual Telephone Company’s policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. The Company reserves the right to revise or change the job duties as the need arises. Management reserves the right to change the description, duties, or work schedules to accommodate individuals with disabilities.