We need summer help! We have a full-time opening for a temporary position that will primarily support our field technicians and also provide some assistance to our electrical division or corporate operations staff with project assistance.
Stratford Mutual Telephone Company is an Independent Telephone Company located in Stratford, Iowa with operations in Stratford, Jewell, Gilbert, Story City, and Roland. We are providing cutting edge technology to rural Iowa and this is a great chance to learn more about an exciting industry with limitless opportunities. At SMTC, you’ll be joining a family where we are dedicated to supporting each other and building an atmosphere of teamwork. In addition, you will learn valuable skills gained through training and on-the-job experience.
- Keep work areas clean and assist tradesmen to be able to complete their skilled work
- Identify utilities and monitor digging by dig crew to prevent utility hits.
- Clean up and maintain equipment.
- Restock trucks with supplies and ensure crews have the proper tools and supplies
- Assist with Marketing Efforts for new Fiber to the Home deployments
- A High School Diploma, or equivalent
- A valid driver’s license
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors of utility flags and markings on the ground
- Ability to read and understand maps and/or technical drawings
- Telecommunications experience
- Previous experience with utility locating
- Safety training
- Coursework in Electronics, Power, Telecommunications or Construction Management
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This job operates in a field environment. This role routinely requires extended periods of bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, lifting in awkward positions, standing, and twisting. Also, this role works in inclement weather conditions, such as extreme heat, extreme cold, rain, ice, snow, and wind.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This position is physically active, with lifting required. Must be able to bend and lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
Don’t miss this great opportunity!
To apply, download our application and return it via email or mail it to: SMTC, PO Box 438, Stratford, IA 50249.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Stratford Mutual Telephone Company is an equal employment opportunity employer. The company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Stratford Mutual Telephone Company’s policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. The Company reserves the right to revise or change the job duties as the need arises. Management reserves the right to change the description, duties or work schedules to accommodate individuals with disabilities.